The Benefits of Massage At Our SLO Chiropractic Clinic:
- Enhanced healing time when combined with Chiropractic Care
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Reduced muscle pain and muscle tension
- Increased flexibility & decreased stiffness
- Improves circulation, which increases blood flow, bringing fresh oxygen to body tissues
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
“By adding muscle therapy to my practice, I have found that my patient’s results both in pain relief and improved function. Healing time has also been much faster by teaming up chiropractic and massage therapy. We offer a unique approach to massage therapy in our office: as your doctor, I will prescribe a specific program for your massage based on your body’s specific healing patterns. This enhances your results for feeling better and functioning better!” –Dr. Scott Dubrul
What is Targeted Massage Therapy?
At Powersource, our therapists use clinical massage aimed at alleviating symptoms and returning you to full function. Trained thoroughly in musculoskeletal anatomy, our muscle therapists use techniques targeted at specific muscles. These include modalities such as trigger point therapy, sports massage and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation.
Why Massage Therapy?
While some pain is skeletal in origin, other pain is muscular in origin. Addressing both structures accelerates healing time and helps locate the root cause of your pain. Muscular pain is often caused by ‘trigger points’ or hyper-irritable knots in your muscle. This pain may radiate out from its origin and affect nearby structures. Trigger points are effectively relieved by trigger point massage from a professional massage therapist.
Is your body suffering stress or injury from the serious engagement demanded by your involvement in athletics, dancing, yoga or daily living? Help for your unique issue is here. Powersource Chiropractic now has available two highly trained and skilled San Luis Obispo massage practitioners:
Introducing Taryn Davis, CMP
After getting her Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology and Minor in Psychology from Cal Poly, Taryn Davis felt her career path gravitating towards the healing arts and massage therapy. Her parents spent time in Big Sur and gave her a healthy perspective, which helped her to choose a holistic path. She believes that the mind and body connect on a psychological and physiological level, and that individuals can attain this self-awareness and realization through nurturing touch and healing. In addition to having her BS in Kinesiology, she furthered her education on the body and trained at Esalen Institute, California Holistic Institute, and Santa Barbara Body Therapy Institute. She specializes in Esalen Massage, Swedish Massage, Thai Massage, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Reflexology, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Energywork, Acupressure, and Craniosacral Therapy. In her free time, she enjoys playing the steel drum, hiking, biking, and anything active! She also enjoys writing poetry and being near the ocean to hear the waves. Book or request a muscle therapy session with Taryn to unwind and feel the positive benefits today!
Call or make an appointment request with Taryn today 805-781-9155.
Cassie Harvey, CMP
Cassie specializes in Intuitive Swedish Massage, Deep tissue and has recently earned her certificate in Cupping. Cassie is very passionate about the healing quality of touch and truly believes that it is one of our most basic needs that is so often overlooked in our busy lives. Comforting and effective touch is a high priority to Cassie, “When our body holds on to our tension, stress and deep-rooted emotion and we ignore it pain will spring up, alerting us that we have been living out of balance”.
Cassie’s passion for massage is reflected in her dedication to her patient’s health and well-being and is available for you to experience at our office today! Call or make an appointment request to schedule your massage therapy with Cassie now or call 805-781-9155.
Sara Garfalo, CMP
Sara enrolled to become a Holistic Health Coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. Certified in 2015 from both the California Holistic Institute and San Diego College of Ayurveda, she specializes in Eastern modalities and Prenatal massage. Originally from Italy she moved to San Luis Obispo after years of traveling to pursue her passion of working in the holistic health & wellness field. She loves providing therapeutic massages and working with natural herbs to help people who are seeking physical and emotional balance. In her bodywork practice, she blends Myofascial release techniques, Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue and Swedish Massage to create an individualized therapeutic experience. She is available at our office today! Call or make an appointment request with Sara today 805-781-9155.
What Our Patient’s Have to Say:
• Taryn is a very gifted and experienced massage therapist. My stressed out body melts away under her hands, and when I leave the space I feel like walking on clouds. It takes me into another world, where I feel safe and pampered, and where I can completely relax. I am already looking forward to my next appointment. -Sabine, San Luis Obispo
• Ryan is the best! He is so skilled and knowledgeable about how the body works! Through massage with Ryan, pain that I have had for years is gone. He is amazing! -D. Cole, San Luis Obispo
• Taryn gave me an excellent massage targeting my particular issues. She also followed through with an email giving me additional information on specific exercises to help me. I am very grateful for her knowledge & sincere interest in my health. -Jill, San Luis Obispo
• Sarah is incredibly friendly and knowledgable! I look forward to every visit. In a very short period of time I have noticed a huge difference in how my body feels throughout the day - not to mention the positive influence my treatment has had on my outlook regarding my health. --Lisa, San Luis Obispo
How Stretching Reduces Stress
The stretches and simple breathing techniques that you will learn in this class are designed to help your body rest and recover by lowering blood pressure and heart rate, which counteracts the effect of our stress-inducing lifestyles. Stretching not only has the effect of releasing tight muscles and reducing pain, but also relaxes the body and decreases stress and its effects.